Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- All individually allocated usernames, passwords, e-mail addresses and privileges are for the exclusive use of the individual to whom they are allocated and they must not be divulged to the third parties. The login name and password must not be shared in any way with any other person, and it is the user's responsibility to keep the password secure. Users are personally responsible and accountable for all activities carried out under their usernames. Vilnius University is not liable for any damages and losses incurred while using VU computer network services.
- Vilnius University Computer Network resources are provided primarily for teaching, learning and research purposes. Users are not permitted to use university IT or network facilities for any of the following: private gain or commercial purposes, the creation, transmission, storage, downloading, or display of any offensive, obscene, indecent, or menacing images, data, or other material, or any data capable of being resolved into such images or material. Users shall act in accordance with ethical principles and shall take personal responsibility for the information transmitted to computer network.
- Any software and / or hard copy of data or information which is not generated by the user personally and which may become available through the use of University computing or communications resources shall not be copied or used without permission of system administrator or the copyright owner. Access or actions intended to facilitate access to computers for which the individual is not authorised are prohibited.
- Originating or passing on electronic chain letters (spam) is regarded as one of the major breaches of computer ethics.
- Users shall follow the instructions and comply with requirements of VU authorized staff, VU Computer Network Internet Service Group and shall not exceed limits of allocated resource.
- Failure to comply with these acceptable use rules may result in the temporary or permanent withdrawal of e-mail privilege or access to computer network resources.
- Users who have finished their course, or are no longer employed by the University, are not entitled to continue to make use of e-mail privilege.
- Users must comply with the Vilnius University Computer Network acceptable use regulations.