If for any reason you are unable or unwilling to install the VPN client software on your computer (Cisco AnyConnect Client), you can always access the service through a browser. The method works on the computer or the phones and tablets as well.
This method is suitable for:
- Browse paid article databases subscribed in the Library,
- For access to shared directories,
- From abroad connection to VU information system.
This method is not suitable for:
- For activating applications (Windows, Office etc.);
- Connection to computers and servers RDP, SSH etc.
1. To get started, log in to your browser at https://vpn2.vu.lt. Use VU eID and password to log in.
2. Once connected, you will be able to connect to 3 types of services using 4 protocols.
3. Select the https: // protocol to browse the databases. When navigating, an auxiliary navigation menu will be displayed in the upper right corner.
4. Use the cifs: // protocol to browse shared directories.
5. When you are finished, be sure to log out.